- Tech Only CPT 88112,88305
- Tech Pro CPT 88112 (2), 88305 (2)
- PowerPath Code NGBAL
- Schedule Monday - Friday
- Turn Around Time Within 2 business days of receipt
- Disease State Benign Conditions, GI Tract Cancer, Lung Cancer
- Methodology Cell Block Cytology, Liquid-Based Cell Enhanced Concentrated Cytology
Fresh or CytoLyt fixed fluid in sterile container collected during BAL. No minimum/maximum volume requirements. Small volume may limit interpretation.
Cellular morphology of cytologic specimens is interpreted to diagnose inflammatory, neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions. In addition, cytologic diagnoses is used to monitor recurrent and metastatic malignant conditions.
Required Patient Info
2 patient identifiers
Storage and Transportation
When possible, store specimen at 2°C - 8°C, particularly for unfixed specimens. Specimen may be transported at 15°C - 30°C. Do not freeze.
Cause for Rejection
Improper or inadequate patient identification, frozen specimens
Primary specimen container: 7 days from processing
Secondary ThinPrep Vial: 14 days from processing
Slide: 10 years